Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Guy eyes silverware for new Saints

St. Patrick's Athletic winger, Ryan Guy is targeting a push for silverware this season after committing himself to the Saints until the end of the 2011 season.

With the months ticking down on his current deal, insiders at the Inchicore club were fearful that they would lose the all action American. But Guy (24) has been buoyed by the influx of talent to Richmond Park and is hopeful the youthful exuberance will bring trophies to Richmond Park:


"I'm very excited with the new players in the squad" Guy told the League of Ireland website, "they're young and motivated and I see us with a real chance of winning a trophy this year. Winning a trophy is not only a team goal but would be a personal goal for me as a footballer."


St. Pats have offloaded star striker, Mark Quigley to Bohemians and new Manager Pete Mahon has signed up eight new faces since the end of the 2009 season. The Californian is aware that a host of new faces in Dublin 8 will mean he must now occupy a new role both in and outside of the dressing room.


"This year I hope to take on more responsibility, we have a lot of young players coming through and though I'm pretty young myself I have been at the club for a number of seasons now so I feel can offer more leadership on the pitch."


The diminutive attacker also revealed that the guarantee which comes with an extended contracted will help him focus on playing football: "The security of two years will definitely help me with my own performance."

No comments:

Post a Comment